Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble with ABI Network Pop-ups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Guevara

Guevara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
This has been happening ever since the firsttime I tried to boot it into safe mode after gettng my new pc.

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Other than the computer not starting in safe mode, can you try to do the advise in normal mode?

Bobbi Flekman

Bobbi Flekman

The Computer Whisperer

• Expert
  • 3,761 posts
  • MVP
Hi Guevara,

g2i2r4 has asked me to jump into the thread, so I'd like to ask you some questions.

This has been happening ever since the firsttime I tried to boot it into safe mode after gettng my new pc.

When did you get this computer? And when was the first time you tried to boot into Safe Mode? Have you been back with it to the shop? I mean, if it was faulty from the start, then something was wrong when you bought it. Can you give me the specifications of your computer? What processor does it have? How much RAM memory? Etc.

Guevara

Guevara

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Hi Guevara,

g2i2r4 has asked me to jump into the thread, so I'd like to ask you some questions.

When did you get this computer? And when was the first time you tried to boot into Safe Mode? Have you been back with it to the shop? I mean, if it was faulty from the start, then something was wrong when you bought it. Can you give me the specifications of your computer? What processor does it have? How much RAM memory? Etc.

View Post

Well, it was a component buy, and then an assembly at home, so i guess something must've gone wrong there. I can't remember the first time i tried to boot it in safe mode.

Specs:

CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2033 MHz (10 x 203) 3200+
System Memory 512 MB (DDR SDRAM)
Motherboard Chipset VIA K8T800Pro, AMD Hammer
Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 (128 MB)

Bobbi Flekman

Bobbi Flekman

The Computer Whisperer

• Expert
  • 3,761 posts
  • MVP
I assume you assembled the computer yourself. So I also assume you are fairly technical. That gives me some leeway in the difficulty of the answers I can post.

From what I know, the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is a hardware one. I don't see the connection to Safe Mode though. From what I know this exception would occur in normal mode as well. Usually it is tied in to the RAM memory. Is the RAM you are using the correct onne for your motherboard?

Since I cannot come over and check the system out, I'm posting a few links with (hopefully) helpful advice:

http://search.micros.....a 0x0000000A"
http://kadaitcha.cx/stop_err.html#0a
http://labmice.techt.../errorcodes.htm

EDIT:
As there has been no reply from the original poster for more than two weeks this topic is now closed.

If you are the original poster and still need assistance, please send me a PM.

Edited by g2i2r4, 09 July 2005 - 11:32 AM.