Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deperately Need Help Decrypting My Files

• Please log in to reply

en4cer450

en4cer450

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Greetings All,

My PC has recently been infected with the Cryptowall virus, which encrypted all of my files (videos, music, photos, MS docs, etc.). I have successfully wiped out the virus using Malwarebytes, however the files still remain encrypted. The rest of my pc is seems to be fine; just all the annoying incidents of “Help_your_files” on my slave drive (I deleted all the incidents of these files on my C: master drive).

I am using WinXP Home Premium with Service Pack 3 and to date, I have yet to find a solution to decrypt any of these files. I’ve been told that by using Service Pack 2, there is a possibility of using Shadow Explorer to mirror the files on a hard drive and get the files back, however not possible with WinXP. As I understand “FireEye and “Fox It” have come up with programs within the past year or so to decrypt Cryptolocker-encrypted files, but unfortunately they informed the public they have decommissioned it given that the threat landscape has evolved.”

There absolutely has to be someone or some entity out there who knows someone with the technological capabilities to decrypt these criminally-encrypted files. There about has to be someone out there who has information on how to reverse this. As you can probably tell I am desperate to get my files back; they are irreplaceable. If anyone out there could come forward and offer me a solution to this problem, I would be most ever indebted to them (perhaps another company or security expert similar to Fireeye or Fox-It).

I am desperately waiting for a reply. Thank you ever-so-much.

Advertisements