Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after reverting back to Windows 7 fromr Windows 10

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Ders2Ask2

Ders2Ask2

• Pip
  • 4 posts

I have been running Windows 7 for three years. Having read more than one good review of Windows 10, I decided to risk making

it my new OS. At first it worked OK, but then it started to freeze, with the Start button not responding being one of a

number of faults I encountered.

Only then did I come across articles saying this was a common problem, so I elected to revert to Windows 7. Only now, I have

multiple problems with all my programs being very slow to load, including the amount of time it takes to make an internet

connection. I can only guess that there are some residual Windows 10 files clogging up my system. Another problem seems to be

with Shockwave Flash in Firefox.Common enough maybe, but it has become a major problem since the above occurred.

Could you please advise me so that I might avoid having to do a Windows reinstall from disc (if this is possible).

Advertisements