Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD Windows 7

• Please log in to reply

mosborne647

mosborne647

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hello everyone just wondering if anyone can work out whats going on with my laptop had BSOD problems for a few months now although they were few and far between but at the moment they seem to be appearing more and more often I have attached all recent minidump files any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Attached Files

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The dump files show that a possible cause is out of date drivers for your tcip and\or network card drivers. Can I ask when the last time was you checked for updated drivers for your system?
The other possible scenario is bad memory and\or pagefile.
The most obvious is the drivers causing the issue.

mosborne647

mosborne647

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello thank you for the swift reply! I havent actually ever updated the drivers since I had the laptop im guessing I would need to find the details of the tcip and network card and search online for the latest driver updates? I have been considering upgrading to Windows 10 would that in turn resolve the problem or will I still need to update my drivers? Thanks again

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

The first place I would recommend looking for updated drivers is the manufacturer of the laptop. Then as a suggestion I would say get a program like Drivermax that will look for all updated drivers for your hardware. Just a warning though with Drivermax you will only be able to update 2 drivers a day with the free version. I have used this program going on 2 years now and have loved it. If your system is capable of upgrading to Windows 10 then yes it should update all your drivers.