Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup loop after entering password

• Please log in to reply

Elisa_17

Elisa_17

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a toshiba qosmio f60 about 4 years. Now i got a problem when i startup the laptop and it ask for a password.then i put the password in and it goes blank and startup again and again. It also goes beep a lot when i start it up..this problem goes about a year now..I don't know if the motherbood need to be change or maybe the laptop has come to its limit..plz help..I appreciate it so much..

Edit: Split from different thread as it was 3 years old. - Z

Advertisements

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello Elisa_17 first question to you, is it a BIOS password or a user password ?
A BIOS password is authentication information that is sometimes required to log into a computer's basic input/output system (BIOS) before the machine will boot up.