Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trouble returning AZUS to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

Never going to buy another AZUS.
Sorry. No prtsc button on my keyboard...

Bry

Look again i think it should be next to the delete button .

Advertisements

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Good morning 123Runner

Installed Chipset "Application" ...told me it was an older version but went ahead with it. Told me the installation was successful but see no change in Device Manager... ?

Bry

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello bry the chipset driver was already installed on your pc, in order to help you more, me or runner we need you to take that screenshot .

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Sorry... sorry... yes found the button! My fault, didn't have my glasses and there is about 4 functions squeezed onto that one button.

Even my wife, with the good eyes, had trouble but she finally found it!

Bad news is it doesn't function. Pressed it with Ctrl, Fn, Win, Alt, and a bunch of others. Even pressed it by itself!

Is it possible that the computer is working in something like SafeMode where only limited functions are available? I still haven't used my Recovery Discs and still have the wonky DeskTop.

Much thanks,

Bry

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
after pressing the printscreen key you need to open paint and paste it there, then savve it and upload it.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

Sorry guys. Been busy.

I went back and re-read the posts.

Correct me if I am wrong here.

F9 gives you the funny and distorted desktop.

The recovery discs give you a proper desktop BUT no wifi.

The last thing you did to get the desktop was the F9 key BEFORE we tried the chipset driver.

If this id true, then we were further ahead with the recovery discs.

Sorry but I missed that.

Please do the following:

1. Run the recovery discs.

2. Post a screen shot of device manager.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Ran the recovery discs, but didn't see any difference. Still can't get a screen shot; maybe more detailed instructions would help.

Don't know if this helps, but here's what I get in Device Manager:

bcripps-PC

Batteries

Computer

Disk drives

Display adapters

DVD/CD-ROM drives

IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers

Imaging devices

Keyboards

Mice and other pointing devices

Monitors

Other devices

-Ethernet Controller

-Network Controller

-PCI Simple Communications Controller

-SM Bus Controller

-Universal Serial bus (USB) Controller

Processors

Sound, video and game controllers

System devices

Universal Serial Bus controllers

Please note that Ethernet Controller, Network Controller, PCI Simple Communications Controller, SM Bus Controller, and, Universal Serial bus (USB) Controller have yellow strikes against them which, when click-on, indicate the drivers are not installed, (Code 28).

Hope this helps...

Bry.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Yes, 123Runner....

F9 gives me the three choices for returning the computer to the factory settings. I've done this before with other computers without a hitch.

But the first time with the Azus, I had to run the recovery discs to get a normal looking desktop.

This time, this morning, the recovery discs didn't seem to do much. Still have a wonky, elongated desktop. And still no wifi

I press the "print screen" button, but nothing happens. Not sure how to open "Paint" from the Device Manager screen.

Bry.

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Use the print screen button ,then go to start search for paint open it, and paste using ctrl v

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

I finally have it, saved on the desktop of the Acer, (the computer that works). But how do I post it? The copy-paste function isn't there and I don't see a way to attach it.

Frustrated Bry

Advertisements

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Happy New Year!

New development. I re-ran the recover discs for the third time and once again, they made no difference. Got a bunch of flying windows then the message in elongated type, that the computer was being “configured for first time use” and there was a flashing light to show that the computer was working. After about fifteen seconds, it shut down and re-booted and the whole scenario repeated.

After several attempts, I got mad and when I saw the “configured for first time use” I held down the power switch and waited for the computer to shut down. I re-started manually after about twenty seconds and got another burst of flying windows, some different ones, this time, and the task bar loaded up with icons. I eventually, once again, got the “configured for first time use” in elongated type and I repeated the hard boot. I did this about five times with new things happening all the time. Then I saw a change. I got the “configured for first time use” in regular type and it remained on the screen for longer than fifteen seconds. In fact it ran for a good half hour before I realized I was running late and needed to get home.

I packed up the computer without turning it off. Half hour later, on the boat, I opened the lid and found the computer had shut down. When I started it, I got a regular looking desktop and about eight or ten icons where, with the wonky desktop, I only got four!

To my mind, the computer was shutting down before fully loading the information from the recovery discs.

I don't have internet on the boat, so know idea if the wifi function is back to normal.

Comments?

Bry

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

I finally have it, saved on the desktop of the Acer, (the computer that works). But how do I post it? The copy-paste function isn't there and I don't see a way to attach it.

Frustrated Bry

First you need to upload the image go to http://imgur.com/upload your screen shot then, in your next reply, click on the image button in the reply window, paste your link, then click ok.

brycrip

brycrip

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
An error occurred

You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.

I keep trying!

Bry

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
try uploading on another upload image site, just use google to find some.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

In the lower right corner of the message when you are posting is a button called "more reply options".

Click on that and in the lower left is a "attach files button".