Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM slot not functioning. Need help/suggestions, Please. (Resolved)

RAM eMachines RAM slot

Best Answer phillpower2 , 03 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

Again you are quite correct, there is no disputing that the OP can replace the board due to it having a defective memory slot but with the following proviso; "you do not need to acquire a new... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

†_Moose_†

†_Moose_†

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

I am not messing with replacing the motherboard anyway. I haven't the skills or know how. I guess I am just stuck with 2 gig of ram, as I cannot afford a new PC. Thanks to all who have tried to help me, I am very grateful. I guess I will just try and make do with what I have. Thanks again.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

2GB of Ram is fine for your present OS and usage such as browsing, office type work and printing etc, 4GB or more is only beneficial if you are a gamer or use demanding software for video editing, CAD or programming.

You are welcome btw  :)