Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 on Compute Stick

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

cigos

cigos

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

I recently bought an Intel Compute stick with 32Gb and attached it to my Smart TV via direct HDMI. It worked OK

so I bought a USB flash drive with 64Gb to help with downloading files. Within a few days I started having problems.

Firstly, my wireless mouse and keyboard began 'freezing' and failed to respond. Secondly, while trying to log-in

the screen 'froze' and I had to force close and try to start again.

After several unsuccessful efforts I resorted to Safe Mode and ran SFC scannow. This showed no violations. It did

not allow me to run an Avast scan and I could not download Malwarebytes, either.

Using F8 I tried Startup Repair but received message that it was unable to repair.  I tried each of the options without

success and in despair I started a complete reset.  This started OK but reached 45% and then refused to move on!

Is there anything else I can try?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards, Cigos

Advertisements

britechguy

britechguy

• PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

I would try downloading the correct version of Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool, create a bootable DVD or USB, and then using that to do a Reset installation on your computer with the "keep my files" option.

I am utterly perplexed by your thread title as Windows 10 is almost certainly not "on" Compute Stick.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Thank you for your interest. I have attached a small segment of my purchase

of the Compute Stick with Windows 10.

Regards, CigosINTEL.PNG

Edited by cigos, 30 December 2015 - 06:09 AM.

cigos

cigos

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

There has been no solution so it is a new compute stick.     

Matter closed.

Cigos

EmishOrc

EmishOrc

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

All sorts of problems relate to those. That's why I will never buy one again.