Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Codecs?

• Please log in to reply

dolface755

dolface755

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Nt sure if this is what I need. I tried putting in one of my store bought DVD's while I was in the hospital and nothing happened.

I'm running as Acer Aspire 5100 I'm not sure what other information you need I would just like to be able to play DVD's when I'm bored out of my mind sitting in the hospital for hours on end. If it's just codec's that I need wouldn't you be able to tell me where to get them. If it's something else please let me know what information you need so that I can get the right programming so that I can watch these.

Thank you for you help in the meantime

Donna

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,149 posts

Hi Donna,

Hope you have a fast recovery...

Most Codecs packages out there include bad things it's safer to install VLC free it's a player that includes the codecs to play almost everything.

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hi Donna, well to me it doesn't look like a missing codec issue .
you said nothing happened ? you got a black screen ? no error message ?
what program are you using and what's the extension of the file your trying to play.

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I put in my dvd of Season 1 NCIS and it did give me a message but I have to load it up again to write it down. I'll get back that information to you later after my testing

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I want to thank you for reading and helping me. It was that stupid VLC program that I couldn't remember the name of and this being my mother's old machine, she didn't know how to play music never mind anything else so it wouldn't have occurred to her to get anything else.

Thank you so much