Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Check out my website+question

• Please log in to reply

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi y'all

I downloaded my website program CSB "CuteSite Builder" on June 7th. And it is up and running, but still have a few minor tweaks "misspelled words :tazz: " and a few options to update yet.

www.craftsbystaci.com

But I'm looking for a program for guestbook design. (freebe would be nice ;) )

I checked out Bravenet, and added it, checked it out on the web and HATED it.

You have two icons (sign guest book and the other is a link to bravenet) and when you push "sign guestbook" it takes you to a website page of the guestbook on bravenet...

I'm look'n for one that is on my website only... (as if I made it) I dont want any added icons for promoting there site...

Thanks for any and all help...

;)

Advertisements

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
I used to use them for a church website that had free hosting, you can take there buttons right out of the script, and embed the forum in your page with frames. :tazz:

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Thanks ssone,

I used to use them for a church website that had free hosting, you can take there buttons right out of the script, and embed the forum in your page with frames

I will give it a try again, and see how to embed the guestbook on my site...

:tazz:

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

and see how to embed the guestbook on my site...

View Post

haha..I randomly checked this post again and read over your last one...looks like you were asking how to put it on ur page?

Use iFrames with no border, match the bg up with yours so you cant even tell that its bravenet's forum (except for all their ads in the forum :tazz: )

Any questions you know where to find me ;)

Edited by ssone, 11 July 2005 - 07:31 AM.

DmitriB

DmitriB

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Alright Resident_Blonde I might be able to help you out if you could tell what hosting plan you have with what company. If you have what I'm lookin for I could help you set up a very great chat program. Its needs 1 MySQL database and it runs on php (4+). It shouldn't take long to install. All you would have to do is edit some info in the config file and then go online and hit install. The chat box comes with and admin panel where you can change all sorts of settings such as amt. of posts to show at a time and viewing features . . . etc.

Thanks,
-Dmitri

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
I believe she wants a guestbook, not chat. :tazz:

DmitriB

DmitriB

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Oh snap . . . my bad.
But I'm sure there is a guestbook with the same *stuff*.
I'll look around

-Dmitri

Edited by DmitriB, 11 July 2005 - 01:13 PM.

ssone

ssone

• PipPipPip
  • 301 posts
yeh, i have plenty of php ones, but i was thinkin she didnt have a php enabled host cuz she was asking about bravenet.