Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

local print spooler service not running? (Resolved)

printer problems

Best Answer IndyBlue , 01 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

Dear Phillpower2, I feel like an idiot telling you this now, but I somehow fixed the problem right after I wrote to you. I did more research, and followed the instructions on one post--and now eve... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

IndyBlue

IndyBlue

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
All of a sudden, my printer won't print. I keep getting the message "local print spooler service not running." I did research online, and learned how to start the service, but it keeps shutting off. I've never had any problems with my printer before, and it's working fine (as is my computer, even though it's a little old). I am completely perplexed. It seems that many people have this problem, but I can't seem to fix it. Could any of you help?

P.S. I'm not knowledgeable about computer programming at all, so I didn't understand some of the posts on this topic. I wouldn't know how or where to dig into the problem myself (obviously! :) ) Thanks in advance for your help and patience!

Edited by IndyBlue, 01 January 2016 - 11:55 AM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

Hello IndyBlue,

Can you clarify what you mean by the following;

All of a sudden, my printer won't print. I keep getting the message "local print spooler service not running." 

but then go on to say;

I've never had any problems with my printer before, and it's working fine 

Can you also do the following for us please;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

IndyBlue

IndyBlue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
✓  Best Answer
Dear Phillpower2,

I feel like an idiot telling you this now, but I somehow fixed the problem right after I wrote to you. I did more research, and followed the instructions on one post--and now everything is working (despite my trying to fix it for hours and hours yesterday and the day before). Thank you SO MUCH for your quick response, but all seems to be well now.

If you're interested, this was the post that helped me out: http://www.techsuppo...-automatically/

Thanks again to you, and to all the people who work here--you're all amazing! Happy new year! :)

IndyBlue

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

No problem IndyBlue as we are just as happy as yourself that the issue is now resolved  :yes:

One suggestion that I would make is to create a new restore point for the present settings, let us know if you need help with this.

You are most welcome btw and a Happy New Year to you also  :)  :thumbsup:

IndyBlue

IndyBlue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
If you could help me create a new restore point, that would be great. Could you please explain what to do?

Thanks!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

Steps for the presently most popular OS Windows 7 are below, if not your OS let us know and we will provide the necessary alternative steps;

1. Open System by clicking the Start button 4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties.

2. In the left pane, click System protection18abb370-ac1e-4b6b-b663-e028a75bf05b_48. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

3. Click the System Protection tab, and then click Create.

4. In the System Protection dialog box, type a description, and then click Create.

IndyBlue

IndyBlue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Done! Thanks again, phillpower2--I truly appreciate your time and generosity in helping me!

Take care, and all the best to you in 2016.

IndyBlue

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,006 posts

You are most welcome and thank you for your kind words IndyBlue  :)