Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

buetooth

• Please log in to reply

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
A very quick question.....

I was just reading a newspaper article about how digital media is causing the demise of in-car CD players. It said that people are using their Smartphones instead, together with in-car wifi (if only I had it!). Alternatively, they are apparently streaming media via bluethtooth.

I have an android phone, but do not understand them saying the bit about bluetooth (which I never use). I thought bluetooth was mainly for switching stuff from one phone to another, for example. How could you use it for in-car streaming of media? Am confused!

Chris.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Bluetooth is a short range version of WiFi.  Basically let's you connect something without wires.  If your car radio does not have bluetooth capabilities you can add it at a cost of between $30 and $200*.  The simplest universal adapter is the FM adapter which just requires a clear channel on an FM radio.  (Wasn't one in the Miami area - too many radio stations.)  You tune your radio to the same channel pair up the adapter andy our android and tell your android (no doubt there's an app for that)  to send the music over bluetooth 

See:

http://thewirecutter...ery-car-stereo/

http://www.crutchfie...03950]BluetoothCar Kits %26 Adapters

Channeal

Channeal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
Ah, I see! Thank you very much for the information.

Chris.

Fabrianco

Fabrianco

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

I am also glad to get the news from here. Thank you so much!