Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

The disc drive stoped working on my laptop

• Please log in to reply

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Pip
  • 2 posts
What steps can I take to looking into my laptop system files and try and figure why the disc drive has stoped working. Anyo,e have any ideas on were I at least start to look for the fit problem? Some one help me pls

Advertisements

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hardly I watch 3,4 even 5 movies during the day at times, so then why all of a sudden out of no we're would it stop working for??? One min I'm watching a movie the next min it won't read. Any ideas

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hello, what do you mean by your disk drive stoped working ? it doesn't read CD's anymore ?
Anw start by uploading a screen shot of your device manager to see if you have the drivers installed.
Go to Start,Run,then type devmgmt.msc in the box and click ok.
or you get access the run windows by clicking the windows key+R .

DavidNode

DavidNode

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Hardly I watch 3,4 even 5 movies during the day at times, so then why all of a sudden out of no we're would it stop working for??? One min I'm watching a movie the next min it won't read. Any ideas

Please i dont understand your question. could you make make it more understandable

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

[email protected]

Please do not duplicate your topics as it may lead to you being offered the same guidance at differing times and lead to confusion as to which and who`s guidance you are following which can lead to disaster, your two threads have been merged to avoid this.

NB: I would suggest that you contact an admin and have your display name changed, it is not wise to post personal information such as an email address on any open forum as you put yourself at risk of attack from the bad guys and spammers in particular.

Vi-Sion

Vi-Sion

• PipPip
  • 76 posts

NB: I would suggest that you contact an admin and have your display name changed, it is not wise to post personal information such as an email address on any open forum as you put yourself at risk of attack from the bad guys and spammers in particular.

It's a fake email, he probably just made it to register here .

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Thanks Vi-Sion  :thumbsup:

Never initially checked if for myself but having done so now have found the same request for help on at least one other forum using the same name minus the @gmail.com