Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laserjet Pro 400 58.04 Error

LaserJet Pro 400 58.04 Error

• Please log in to reply

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I have a 14 month old HP Laserjet Pro 400.  I had it turned off for a couple of months.  I turned it on and I have a "58.04 Error Turn off then On".   I have turned it on and off many, many times and nothing is changing.  I unplugged it for a spell, same thing.  Plugged it into the wall and not the power strip and even tried a different power cord but am still getting the same error message.  This is so frustrating.  This was not a cheap printer either.  Any assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you.

RiverMiss

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Sounds like you did all the recommended troubleshooting to try an clear the error.
It looks like the low voltage power supply may need replacing. My information comes from Here

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Thank you.  I see that the Moderator is confused.  That particular model is not a multi-function printer which made the issue difficult to find. 

The part lists on Amazon at $169 from a third party vendor and god only knows how difficult that part would be to replace.  I probably printed 100 pages tops on that printer.  Things are made so badly nowadays it is unbelievable!  Unfortunately HP has the best looking color.  You don't have to worry about the price of replacement toners because the printers don't last long enough to get them.

Thanks for your help.  I am so disappointed in HP and their products right now.

RiverMiss

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Here's what one review said on Amazon.

As an HP authorized reseller I suggest that nobody purchase this unit. It fails in large numbers with power supply failures, and is certainly known to be an issue by HP. Invest in a different model that comes with a 1 year on-sit warranty, or get burned..... the carry in warranty is a joke.

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Unfortunately I did not see that review before I bought this printer.  I did read quite a few and at that point I didn't see posts like that.  Darn, darn, darn! 

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Do you have any idea where the electronics are in this printer?  I was thinking of finding them and just seeing if something needs re-seating by chance.  My HP computer needs the RAM re-seated on a regular basis.  I might as well look before I have to throw it away.  Or do you have any ideas?

I need another color laser.  What do you think of the Laserjet Pro M252dw.  If the life span is only a year why buy anything more expensive?  I am thinking that if I need really good looking pictures I will send them to Walmart or Walgreens to print.  What's your take?

Thank you.

RiverMiss

Edited by RiverMiss, 04 January 2016 - 09:46 AM.