Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help plz, i cant get onto some sites

• Please log in to reply

Michael19

Michael19

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hi, i play outwar at http://sigil.outwar.com and http://fabar.outwar.com and i havent been able to get onto either site for the last 3 weeks. the site is not down and all my friends can get on it just seems to be me. I have tryed spyware programs and tryed many diferent web browsers but nothing has helped. I have just formated my computer and put windows xp on it (was windows 98) and still cant get onto outwar, i have not had any trouble getting into any other site and can get into my outwar account at my brothers house but not as my house plz plz plz if u have any sugestions plz let me no i realy want to start playing outwar again at my house. thanx, Michael

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Is the site not coming up at all, or can you not log in?

Michael19

Michael19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
the site just doesnt come up, it times out looking for the page or says this page cant be found, and i have no idea what to do about it, my account hasnt been suspended or anything cos i can still get on from other peoples computers.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Let me look into it some, but I can't imagine why 1 site and 1 site only wouldn't come up for you... especially after a reformat.

Michael19

Michael19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it seems to work very rarely, ie. 1 in every 50 attempts; and then it will be fine until i restart the computer.

hope that can help you help me :tazz:

thanx

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
Are you using broadband (cable, DSL) or dial-up?

I'm gonna be honest with you here and tell you that I'm coming up blank right now. If you search Google for Outwar timeout, you come up with quite a few results... but I don't have any idea.

Thing'e'

Thing'e'

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Most probably something to do with your ISP?
I couldn't say what, but I've had problems like that before. Short of using an alternative DNS server (assuming that's where the problem lies), I'm not sure what you could do.

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
A free proxy may do the trick, but those things are really shady.

Michael19

Michael19

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanx, i might get intouch with my isp people and c what they think, ill look into the proxy thing too thanx, and i just have 56k dial up dont think that changes anything tho :tazz: laterz