Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

HP Photosmart Premium Prints Skewed

1/4 Skewed Printing Photosmart Premium

• Please log in to reply

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I have an HP Photosmart Premium C410 that prints skewed by 1/4" from the top if you are printing in portrait mode.  It does this on copies as well so it is something in the printer and not software.  I can adjust in documents I make but not when printing things like taxes because they do not let me control the margins.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

Thank you.

RiverMiss

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 523 posts

Hi RiverMiss,

The main culprit in this situation is often a  misaligned paper feed, check the paper tray and make sure that the position slider has not broken or become slack allowing the top or foot of the paper to become skewed.

Different weights of paper may also help.... try starting at 80gsm and then 100gsm and finally 160gsm ( you will need to configure the printer settings accordingly

Regards

paws

RiverMiss

RiverMiss

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

I will try your suggestions.  Wish me luck!  Will get back to you after.  Thanks.

RiverMiss

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 523 posts

:thumbsup: