Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

download.trojan [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hiram392

hiram392

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
:tazz: I am trying to remove "download.trojan" from a friends computer. She is running Windows XP on a fairly new Dell machine (purchased in last 6 mos.) I have tried updating Norton, SpyBot, and adaware. No luck. I even tried resetting the system back prior to seeing the trojan. This did not work either. Short of cleaning the hard drive, what shall I do next?

Jeff

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Hi Jeff,

Please follow the instructions here:
http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

Regards,

hiram392

hiram392

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
That's the info I was looking for! I had seen it before, just couldn't remember where it was. I will try this and get back with you. - Thanks

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Take your time. :tazz:

I'll be around.

Regards,

hiram392

hiram392

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
:tazz: Went through the sheet...took a little time to wade through the scans.
Rebooted the system and voila! the file was gone. Thanks for the great advice, I have been trying to remove the file for her for a couple of month, without any luck.

Thanks again!
Jeff

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

Please do have a look at my site about removing and preventing spyware.

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.