Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Advice On Data Recovery

Format Data Recovery

• Please log in to reply

Shah Saeed

Shah Saeed

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Near About 6 Months Back I Had Been Using Windows 7.It Contained More Than 150 PDF Documents and Powerpoint Presentations Downloaded From The Web Plus Highly Important Web Searches.It Was Well Over A Year Of Hard Work.

I Gave It To The Local Vendor to Instal XP As Dual Boot But The Idiot Accidentally Deleted The Entire System Replacing It With A Really Useless Copy Of XP.I Had A New Windows 7 Re Installed(Since Then Upgraded to Windows 10).

I Have Since Then Been Besides Myself Desperately Trying To Download and Use Any Good Data Recovery Software I Can Find.The Results Have Been Mixed.EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard Has Been Able To Locate All The PDF and PPT Files I Got But They Just Don't Open.And I Still Haven't Been Able To Find The Web Browsers I Was Using Before The Mess Up.

I Am Seriously Contemplating Using High Performance Forensic Softwaresor Data Carving Tools(Yep I Am That Desparate),Please Help Me Regain What Was Once Mine?????

Advertisements

DavidNode

DavidNode

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Try using recuva software, its the best software for recovering your files. it can be downloaded through this link https://www.piriform...recuva/download . I hope it helps.

Shah Saeed

Shah Saeed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Try using recuva software, its the best software for recovering your files. it can be downloaded through this link https://www.piriform...recuva/download . I hope it helps.

I Have Tried Runtime Get Data Back As Well As EasUS The Thing Is Files Do Come Up In A Scan But The Point Is They Do Not Open.My Worst Fear Is That They Might Be Overwritten.

Shah Saeed

Shah Saeed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

You can also try SysInfoTools Windows Data Recovery Software to recover your lost or corrupted data.

So Can SysInfoTools Repair The Recovered Files Damaged?????Because That Would Be Awesome

Shah Saeed

Shah Saeed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

You can also try SysInfoTools Windows Data Recovery Software to recover your lost or corrupted data.

So Can SysInfoTools Repair The Recovered Files Damaged?????Because That Would Be Awesome

You want to repair "damaged recovered files"?

Yes Absolutely

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,308 posts

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting the files back intact. The computer was formatted and XP put on, then formatted and Win 7 and now upgraded. Everytime you read, wroite, format the system it will overwrite the sectors that contain the data.

Unfortunately you would have had better luck the 1st time you went looking for them which was after the 1st bad XP install.

I wish you luck though.

wangliang5

wangliang5

• Pip
  • 7 posts

hi Shah Saeed

did you try the deep scan when you use  EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard ? i used this soft, it can repair and find the missing files .  if you did use deep scan and cant  repair damaged recovered files , i would like to suggest you to try another data recovery soft , like  Norton ,  Recuva , or MiniTool

Edited by wangliang5, 17 May 2016 - 01:53 AM.