Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Website blocked work around

• Please log in to reply

ewallace978

ewallace978

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I've been blocked from making purchases from a certain company website and there is no alternative to purchase from. I assume my IP is blocked.  Can any one suggest a way around this? Please note, I'm not trying to do anything fraudulent or illegal.  I just want to make purchases from this site

Advertisements

souleater

souleater

• Pip
  • 5 posts

have you considered a proxy/VPN service? if your IP really is blocked, i believe this would probably work.  either of those options will change your IP address online, and usually there are a variety of countries to choose from.  people use them for internet privacy (like me), or to bypass site blocking (like you).  i havent actually done this yet, but i plan on it in the future so ive done a little research already.. hide.me seems pretty well-reviewed, and their free plan would suit your needs.

Untitled.png

this is from a blog article i found describing different types of proxy servers and stuff.. according to the post, "a good VPN provider keeps no logs". hide.me doesnt log any data (even for free users!) the only downside to VPN is typically price, but i think the free plan would be good for a one-time use. anyways, im not an expert, so make sure you find additional sources to confirm all this. just remember to research carefully before choosing a service, because a lot of the totally free ones can get pretty shady.

here are the reviews i looked at for hide.me: bestvpn.com (they also wrote that blog post), vpncomparison.org, and securitygladiators.com.

hidemyass.com has a huge list of proxies if you decide to go that route (you can search by security, protocol, country etc.)

good luck and lemme know how things turn out for you!

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png