Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop freezes when alt-tab

videocard problem league of legends

• Please log in to reply

clowndias

clowndias

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, 
i'm having a super annoying problem with my games. i'm playing league of legends, and for the 3rd time in one day my computer freezes when i alt-tab (doest this since a few days). i have NO idea why. it doesn't happen everytime i alt-tab. A friend of mine worked on my video card a few days ago. Appearantly my 2nd videocard was deactivated with an error. the dumb person i am (dont know anything bout computers) i never noticed. i gamed on my inboard videocard, never had a problem. i played with 80 fps, now somehow i can't get higher than 60. I'm guessing something happend with my videocard but i really want to fix this problem! 
Hope someone knows a solution c:

When it freezes i can't do anything anymore, even though i can still hear my game sounds and be in skype.

Thanks!

Edit:
Moved to the proper forum //Naathim

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:    clowndias,

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Not enough information to go on at the moment but I will mention that overheating causes lock ups were you can still hear the sound and the alt-tab issue could be totally unrelated.

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.