Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgraded my processor now getting worse performance (Resolved)

Best Answer SaltySalsa , 14 January 2016 - 07:55 AM

I think I'll just try it out I'm pretty sure it will fit. But I won't be able to get it for a while anyway. But yeah thanks for all the help Also about the problem with my windows do I need to op... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Thanks for the additional assistance iammykyl  :thumbsup:

ok i took out my graphics card and now im getting even lower fps like 20-30 more

Suggests that there is nothing physically wrong with your add on video card.

Yes I'm using the pc for the same stuff before the upgrade 

Acknowledged.

I was comparing is my fps on CS:GO,

You would benefit from having a better video card but comparing fps using an internet facility such as CS:GO is not a good idea as the quality and speed of the internet connection can have an affect on the results, a better test would be to download and run Unigene Valley Benchmark (free) download from here

the PSU is a DELL L300NM-01

The best card that you could use with the present PSU is a GTX 750Ti but only if there is adequate room inside the case, your computer case is the mini tower type and the present video card the GT 730 is available as both low profile and full height versions, we need to know the type that you have so we have an idea of the dimensions of card that will fit inside your case.

We could do with checking out your present hardware and software to see if there is anything that could be affecting the performance, see below;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

Advertisements

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

here is Speccy link! http://speccy.pirifo...pZiyq7QSglhIBG7

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Is the video card here the same as yours.

Observations from Speccy;

The +5V rail reading on the PSU is shown to be out of wack, this can be caused by Dells own software but if you keep the the present PSU we should look at the voltages further.

Windows is out of date and needs to be fully updated to help protect you from malware.

You have the following software installed that will slow down your internet connection;

McAfee Application Installer Cleanup (0094461413483074)
McAfee Security Scan Component Host Service

You have the following software installed which is at best a gimmick and at worst a danger to your OS;

Razer Game Booster 

Below is one users verdict on it;

Pros

i swear by the beard of almighty Zeus that this fine piece of software no other "gamer booster" could not load any more annoying adware and other malware on to your pc than 'Razer Game Booster', i mean, i almost had to reinstall windows completely! if you want to be pxxxxd off to the point where you want to physically harm the people you put this together then well.. look no further.

Cons

Well if i had to choose one this wrong with this... 
neurowise and Advance Elite are ******* soul crushing sneaky adware programs and all but they could do more i feel.

Summary

if you hate your pc and yourself, download this and the 'great' bundled programs that come with it

Read the blog here for reasons why you should avoid such so called system boosters.

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Ok i uninstalled the stuff you listed, and how do i go about updating windows. my windows has been messed up for a while. Ex: when i try to go to settings then change PC settings it just takes me to my window home screen. and about the PSU do you think i need to upgrade it? thanks :)

Edited by SaltySalsa, 10 January 2016 - 10:48 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Is the video card here the same as yours.

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

yes

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

The present video card is entry level and best suited for office type work and internet browsing, no wonder you are having issues with such a good CPU.

Upgrading the PSU will not help unless the video card is also upgraded.

We can come back to your Windows issues another time.

Did you try Valley Benchmark, if yes, how did it go.

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

yes i was getting 15 fps on medium

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

What were you getting with CS:GO 

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

on csgo when playing 1600x900 lowest settings around 100-120
on 1920x1080 50-80 but rappidly drops then goes up

Edited by SaltySalsa, 10 January 2016 - 12:26 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

Definitely need a GPU upgrade, see canned text below;

Please note that before purchasing an add on video card that the following must be considered;
Is the present PSU (power supply unit) powerful enough or will it also need upgrading.
What type of case do you have, full tower, mid tower or SFF (small form factor) this is important as you must make sure that there is enough room inside the case for the upgrade/s, upgrading a SFF type system can be difficult as they often use propriety components such as smaller and differing shape PSUs and they only have enough room inside the case for a low profile type add on card.

You need to measure how much room you have inside of the case for any add on video card and the dimensions of the present PSU.

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

fulltower

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

fulltower

You need to measure how much room you have inside of the case for any add on video card and the dimensions of the present PSU.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Your welcome Phillpower2. :rockon:  

SaltySalsa

SaltySalsa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Tower Case From the out Side of the case Is 14in tall 7in wide

Edited by SaltySalsa, 10 January 2016 - 05:28 PM.