Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no video ooutputs on my new mobo

• Please log in to reply

kerryh

kerryh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Just got a gigabyte X99M motherboard and am getting the added parts like memory, processor etc...

Looking at the mobo I see no ports for the monitor- DVI, HDMI, display port, VGA, etc...

Where do I plug in the monitor in at?

And since I am posting...I was given this really nice mobo but I don't really game. I do however like to have several apps along with email, music and maybe video open at the same time. What would be a good processor to match with this since I use three (would like a fourth) monitors hooked up concurrently. I do hope to eventually get a 3D capable monitor and watch movies in 3D if that ever comes to fruition...

Thanks for help!

k

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: kerryh.

That is a very nice high end board, often used in a extreme gaming, photo/video or workstation/server build.   It does not have any display ports as the supported Intel Extreme Edition CPUs, (Haswell-EP) i7 and most Xeon do not have integrated Graphics, a discrete GPU must be used with this board.   Additional hardware is quite expense,

Here is the MB, > http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=5221#ov

CPU start at $389 > http://www.newegg.co...N82E16819117402

If you would like us to configure a compatible build?   Please give info for present computer hardware, the case, HDD/s and PSU, then we can see if any are reusable in a new build.

In which country would you purchase parts?