Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Routers (Resolved)

Best Answer phillpower2 , 13 January 2016 - 10:40 AM

indy56, If you read some of the reviews on Google you could end up paying up to £165+ for a router that is no better than one costing less than £20, take a look at the a... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

indy56

indy56

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Can anyone recommend a good named router that i can replace my SKY hub with please, i need something which will keep more stable open ports for Xbox live , thank you.

jc

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   indy56,

If you read some of the reviews on Google you could end up paying up to £165+ for a router that is no better than one costing less than £20, take a look at the articles here and here and you will see what I mean, 

Take a look at the forum post here as well, Sky do not like or make it easy for their customers to use routers that they have not obtained from Sky.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

indy56

indy56

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

:welcome:   indy56,

If you read some of the reviews on Google you could end up paying up to £165+ for a router that is no better than one costing less than £20, take a look at the articles here and here and you will see what I mean, 

Take a look at the forum post here as well, Sky do not like or make it easy for their customers to use routers that they have not obtained from Sky.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Thank you.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are welcome  :)

mattadams012

mattadams012

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Honestly I dont know what kind of issues you can face with your service provider if you switch your router but D-Link's DIR-868L mentioned here a great deal IMHO, and no, not all $200+ routers perform like a 20 dollar router.

Just my 2 cents

keygeeks

keygeeks

• Pip
  • 3 posts

you should read this article this article helps you alot click here 

Alexandra Jh

Alexandra Jh

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Very good, even a great router is http://www.routersto...-router-review/ and it's also has a low price as I know. But there are more powerful routers if you need. It all depends on where you will use it...