Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

http:// safeinternetsurfalert.info

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Not sure if this is the right place to work on this.  I received a message on my Ipad whilst browsing on Google application of said ipad. "Windows has detected some suspicious activity from your IP address.  Some Spyware may have caused a security breach at your network location.  Call Toll Free +1-866-670-2752 for techincal assistance or Visit Support.microsoft.com."  It further goes on to say, "Debug browser spyware 895-system 32.exe."

Pls note that i am only getting this message and not on my pc(Windows XP Pro)

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello waynf,
There's some information about "Debug browser spyware 895-system 32.exe." Here. I am not knowledge about it or how to fix it.

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

I received a message on my Ipad whilst browsing on Google application

Which google application? Do you mean that you were using the Google Chrome browser?

I am going to move this topic to a more appropriate forum so it can be seen by the members who have more knowledge concerning the iPad.

OpenSourcerer

OpenSourcerer

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

So how exactly does Windows "detected some suspicious activity from your IP address"?

I wouldn't consider myself an expert with Apple products but I use an iPad daily.

The message seems like a tech support scam to me.

OP probably just came across an ad or redirect chain or something else that would result in a display an alert with javascript that may lock up a browser.

These are fairly common and easy to deal with.

Googling the number shows it has quite the history of being used by scammers.

The thread linked by @zep516 seems to confirm my thoughts about this likely being a scam.

@waynf

This seems like something that would occur within a browser. Are you referring to Chrome or the Google app?

You said that you're on an iPad, is the message continuously being displayed or interfering with browsing?

Apple has intentionally locked down iPads and other IOS powered devices to prevent malware so this shouldn't be difficult to deal with.

If you are able to browse without it continuously displaying the message then its nothing to be worried about.

If it is continuously being displayed, is the app locked up or is it random?

If the app is locked up, try closing it by double pressing the home button and closing the application. Turn on airplane mode and reopen the application and try to close open tabs. Then turn off airplane mode and see if it persists while browsing.

Edited by OpenSourcerer, 14 January 2016 - 08:43 PM.