Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No internet, only connection

Wifi Connection Sitecom Signal

• Please log in to reply

Napster1

Napster1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey i am totaly a noob at things with routers and stuff like that

Soo whats my problem:

We got Just normal working wifi and cabel internet, the wifi works fine cabel to. The cabel goes up to my room and comes there out of the Wall. From there it runs into a box that goes tot my pc and my ps4.
Still works.

Wifi strenght is really low soo i decided to use a old box that can sent wifi signal

I connected it to the first box that now use a cabel to pc/ps4/wifi-box.

So i turned everything on and [bleep]ed around in the setting on the web with the ip on the back of the wifi-box and made it so far that i can connect with my phone to it with a password.

It says i have full signal so i can easily connect i did that i start try searching on google but all it does is saying theres no connection.... this is weird cause it comes from the box that goes to my pc too and that works fine

So can someone tell me whatswrong with my wifi-sender-box names SITECOM

Help me plz i am a noob in internet things and terms

Edited by Napster1, 14 January 2016 - 03:29 PM.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Do you have a part number for the Sitecom?

Napster1

Napster1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
where can i find it?

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Usually on the back or bottom of the unit.  If you can't find it then tell me what connectors are available on it.  I'm thinking you may need to turn off DHCP on the Sitecom so that it just acts as a switch rather than a router.  

Do you have a PC you can connect to the Sitecom?