Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My first PC Advice !

PC Build

• Please log in to reply

Bleach(Anime)

Bleach(Anime)

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all im wanting advice on this build i want to get and i would like to know if its good or will there be problems comparability 

Intel Z170 Skylake PC

System Base Price
Corsair Graphite 780T Full Tower PC Case - White
750W FSP Quiet Power Supply - Silver 80 PLUS
3x Blue LED Silent Case Cooling Fan - 120mm Blue
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII RANGER V1.0 Z170 GAMING Motherboard
Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Quad Core Processor (Skylake,4.0GHz-4.2GHz Turbo, 8MB Cache)
Overclock Configuration (available when Liquid CPU Cooler is selected)
16GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory (2x8GB) Dual Kit - Corsair
6GB NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti Graphics Card, 2816 Cores, 3xDisplayPort1xDVI1xHDMI
Integrated 7.1 High Definition 8-channel Audio
High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections)

Thanks for your Time

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:   Bleach(Anime),

Not bad but what it comes down to is what it costs and what the computer will be used for, let us know both and we can then give you a more balanced answer.

Missing off the list is an optical drive and an OS such as Windows 64-bit.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread please click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Bleach(Anime)

Bleach(Anime)

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i haven't added drive because i have a 1tb drive at home and i have window 8.1 disc so ill upgrade to windows 10 or will it be better to have windows 7 as im building this for gaming

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts
Not bad but what it comes down to is what it costs and what the computer will be used for, let us know both and we can then give you a more balanced answer.

Its up to yourself whether you answer, just looking to possibly save you some cash, time and trouble.

i haven't added drive because i have a 1tb drive at home 

An optical drive reads disks such as DVDs for installing Windows from. the 1TB drive that you refer to is a storage drive.

i have window 8.1 disc so ill upgrade to windows 10 

What type of disk do you have, an OEM or a full retail version.

As long as the OS is 64-bit it does not matter if it 7 or 10 but if me I would install 10 from the outset as Windows 7 will be retired in a few years in any event.

Bleach(Anime)

Bleach(Anime)

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

paying £1,548 no optical drive using an old dvd drive i already own. will this be good no problems like compatibility between cpu MB Gpu

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

The build is massive overkill and expense if only for gaming, no problem if money is no object but fwiw you do not need or will utilise the capabilities of an i7 CPU or any more than 8GB of Ram, the 6GB video card the same but as the build is a gaming rig I would keep it in as there is no game around or due out that the card can not handle.

You do not mention the brand name of your GPU, avoid anything less than one of the more reliable brands EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte and MSI in that order would be my preference, avoid PNY and Zotac.

Done you a list of parts based on your specs in your OP and put in a Gigabyte GPU to keep costs down Bleach(Anime) parts list, all parts are compatible. 

i have window 8.1 disc so ill upgrade to windows 10 

What type of disk do you have, an OEM or a full retail version.

Again up to you if you don`t answer but unless you have a full retail version product key for Windows you will need to purchase one, if you try and re use an OEM product key you risk being locked out of Windows as Microsoft will recognise that the key has already been used then prevent any updates from being installed and tell you that you need to contact MS. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

Not heard back from you Bleach(Anime), do you still require assistance, an update would be appreciated.