Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help i havent a clue.windows xp,windows advanced option menu.?

• Please log in to reply

cw33

cw33

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What do I do to keep my comp.from send me to a blue screen that suggests I seek safe mode,to keep from damaging anything..?

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

:welcome:    cw33,

You really don`t want to stop anything that is advising you to boot into Safe Mode, the message is intended to help you prevent a meltdown of either Windows or your hardware.

Restart your computer and continually tap the F8 key to see if you are able to boot into Safe Mode, post back and let us know the outcome, we could also do with as much information as possible about your computer hardware and if there is any particular thing that causes the crashes such as gaming or connecting to the internet etc.

cw33

cw33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
If I do this will it eliminate my windows program? I'm at the windows advanced option menu and it's got several selections. I don't have a Windows installation disc so after this is done will I still have windows?

cw33

cw33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
my main priority is to bypass the verification of identity of for my zte cell phone so I can access my phone. I was attempting to connect to my t mobile hotspot on my computer so I could access the instructions and which I was given. okay it's taking me back to a blue screen that says a problem has detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage on my computer. is this the screen that I have seen referred to as the blue screen of death.

Edited by cw33, 17 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts
If I do this will it eliminate my windows program? 

No.

I'm at the windows advanced option menu and it's got several selections

If available as an option try Last Known Good Configuration first, this in case a recent software update has caused this.

Tip

Please avoid adding multiple posts while waiting for a reply from us, edit your last post to include anything that you wish to add, this will ensure nothing gets overlooked which can sometimes happen if a thread has more than one page. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

Only use the edit tab to add information to your last reply while waiting for a reply from us, we do not receive any notification of edited posts and had I not checked back I would have missed your edit.

okay it's taking me back to a blue screen that says a problem has detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage on my computer. is this the screen that I have seen referred to as the blue screen of death. 

What is taking you back to a blue screen, Last Known Good Configuration, if yes, it suggests a hardware issue such as bad Ram or a flaky HDD etc.

Restart and try Safe Mode only and see what happens, if it boots into Safe Mode ok use the computer for a while to see if it crashes, if it does, post back, if it doesn`t crash, try restarting in Safe Mode with Networking and repeat the previous procedure then post back with an update.

cw33

cw33

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
OK my friend, so far, so good..Your time and knowledge is greatly appreciated ..May you have a wonderful afternoon,and thanks again...

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

You are most welcome  :)

What is the situation with the computer at the moment.

BTW, I am in the UK and so it is 9pm here but thanks anyway  :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,762 posts

You are most welcome  :)

What is the situation with the computer at the moment.

BTW, I am in the UK and so it is 9pm here but thanks anyway  :thumbsup:

Not heard back from you cw33, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.