Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Acer ePower Management Tool

• Please log in to reply

dolface755

dolface755

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of the download for Acer's ePower Management tool. Apparently I need it to be able to adjust the colours and brightness of my laptop monitor, but I can't find the d/l for the Windows XP version. I was told by Acer that they will not give d/l links or information for d/l for any other operating system that didn't come pre-installed from manufacturer, which is really freakin stupid cause I'd love to put Windows 7 on this machine, since I have all requirements. Anyways, that's beside the point. I need to figure out how to adjust the brightness of my screen and that's the only tool they will tell me about

I'm running an Acer Aspire 5100 machine with 2 Gig Ram, Windows XP SP3.

Thank you for your help 

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,344 posts
  • MVP

http://acer-epower-m...datestar.com/en

has the latest version.  Says it runs on any Windows operating system

They also have a bunch of older versions in the bottom right of the screen.

dolface755

dolface755

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I will try them thank you. I think it's ridiculous that you can't change the options on your monitor without that one specific program. Most computers you can just go into Display settings and change what you need.