Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG antivirus

• Please log in to reply

tectony

tectony

• Pip
  • 4 posts
When I boot my PC in the morning AVG antivirus loads three times. Is their a simple solution to this problem or do I need to Uninstall and Re-install this program.

Advertisements

Guse

Guse

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 624 posts
That's a great first step. Try the uninstall/reinstall option and see if it clears up. If not, we'll work on it from there.

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
go to start > run, if run isnt listed click on the blue part of your taskbar, hit properties, start menu, dont use the classic start menu, hit customize, go to advance and select which buttons you would like in your start menu. now once thats done go to start > run > msconfig> startup and see if theres a file in there 3 times thats the same, and thats probably your av software, just uncheck 2 of em and hit apply, and restart your computer