Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Search daterange Hack Does Not Seem To Be Working?

• Please log in to reply

Shah Saeed

Shah Saeed

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

A Week Ago I Learnt About Some Amazing Hacks You Can Do On Google?One Was The Ability To Search For Results Within Daterange In The Past.It Worked Like This

You Type Within Commas Your Search Terms Then You Type The Syntax daterange:startdate-enddate And You Have To Convert Your Calendar Date To Julian Date(I Use Online Converter)

The First Time I Did It And It Was A Success.At Least The First Few Results Corresponded With The Date Range

But I Have Been Trying It And It Starts Showing Pages Of 2015 When My Date Range Is Between 2007 and 2008.

I Should Also Tell You That The First Time I Tried It, I tried It On Google Chrome But When I Tried It It Was On Another Browser.

It Is My Assumption That Googles Own Browser May Be A Factor Of My Initial Success.

But I Would Love To Have Some Input From Other Members 

Advertisements

ChaseBenfield

ChaseBenfield

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Just signed up to vent my frustrations. I use advanced google search operators for all my searches. It's to the point I basically have to solve a captcha for all my searches to verify I am not a robot. I just tried daterange today in Julian format as usuall and my query yeilded todays news. The ONLY REASON I use google is for the functionality of advanced search operators. I have tried using different date time formats with no luck. I hope Google fixes this. I don't know how I will function if they discontinue all of their operators. I am calling to complain now.

ChaseBenfield

ChaseBenfield

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I called Google tech support. There is no phone help for search. I have tried using the message function they have with no luck. I will call Alphabet later, and maybe Google's Network Admin? Otherwise I will fly to Mountain View and ask to speak to search myself. This is ridiculous.

Shah Saeed

Shah Saeed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Just signed up to vent my frustrations. I use advanced google search operators for all my searches. It's to the point I basically have to solve a captcha for all my searches to verify I am not a robot. I just tried daterange today in Julian format as usuall and my query yeilded todays news. The ONLY REASON I use google is for the functionality of advanced search operators. I have tried using different date time formats with no luck. I hope Google fixes this. I don't know how I will function if they discontinue all of their operators. I am calling to complain now.

I Think I Got The Hang Of It.

1.Google Hack Is Not Officially Supported So Google Does Not Guarantee The Results

2.When Typing The Syntax For daterange Make Sure That You Type In Whole Numbers and The daterange is to be typed in small letters