Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First gaming PC (Resolved).

Hardware

Best Answer ReactiveAdam , 04 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

got the parts in and in my PC. The work great and had no problems with it. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

I have just started to working with computer hardware, and i have my first build. I am looking for feed back on if it is good computer for its  price range (around $600) and if the are any compatibility issues or missing pieces, and if you think i should change parts with high or lower quality hardware. 

AMD A10-7870K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte GA-F2A88X-D3H ATX FM2+ Motherboard

G.Skill Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

Seagate 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive

MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB TWIN FROZR Video Card

Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

Samsung SH-118CB/BEBE DVD/CD Drive

Her is the Link to the web site Qx8fNG

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: ReactiveAdam

A good build for that price range.   All parts are compatible. 

Unless you have selected your case for style, I would suggest considering a better quality one, for $2 more, the Challenger S, http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811147237

+ A higher clocked GPU, this one also exhausts most of the heat out the back of the case as against the TF which dumps it into the case. > http://www.bhphotovi...0_graphics.html

All the specs, > http://www.evga.com/...4a-8ae25cad9d25

You have not included an operating system in the costs. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Echo most of what iammykyl has said but personally I would look to spend some extra cash on a better quality brand case, I did find a nice looking well cooled alternative chassis here though.

Be sure to read any reviews that are available before making any purchase, it will save you time, trouble, cash and avoid headaches, one review for the case included in your parts list is titled "Tower Fried 3 motherboards" that is seriously bad luck  :(

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Thanks to both of you, this will help so much in the upcoming month.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Your welcome :thumbsup: 

We are here if you have more questions or need build help.   Let us know how things go as it does help others who are building as well. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Your welcome :thumbsup: 

We are here if you have more questions or need build help.   Let us know how things go as it does help others who are building as well. 

Ditto to the above  :)

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Ok so dose this processor come with a cooling fan or do i need to get one.

AMD A10-7870K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Thanks for all the help, i will keep in touch with the build, and so do i get a monitor or a small T.V, and which version of windows wold be best for the build and gaming.  

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Yes, comes with a upgraded cooler used on the FX series, pic on this page, > http://www.legitrevi...for-137_164322\ 

I would go for a monitor like this, > http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824160273

The OS makes little difference to gaming.   What are you using at the moment?

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Im using windows 10 on my laptop, but i don't like it that much, it seams to eat a lot of my processors ability. So im looking into windows 7 or 8 at the moment. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Windows 10 is better than Windows 8/8.1 and is as user friendly as Windows 7 so would be my suggestion for the OS, you should also keep in mind that mainstream support for Windows 7 has ended and extended support will cease on 14 January 2020.

Im using windows 10 on my laptop, but i don't like it that much, it seams to eat a lot of my processors ability.

Going off topic here but can I ask what makes you say that Windows 10 is affecting the CPUs performance and what is the brand and model name or number of your notebook.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Cool i did not know that thank you, and do you know of any good monitors. The one iammykyl showed me is good but im looking at all possibility, and i wold like to get the most out of my graphic card.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

it a chrombook 15 and whenever i open my task-manager its full of windows tasks, then there is the fact that i cant watch youtube videos in HD on 480 otherwise it crashes. 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Cool i did not know that thank you, and do you know of any good monitors. The one iammykyl showed me is good but im looking at all possibility, and i wold like to get the most out of my graphic card.

Philips 242G5DJEB 144hz, 1ms Extreme Performance 24-Inch Professional Gaming Monitor

Sounds like the Chromebook issue/s involves a bit of work rather than a quick fix so it would be best to start a new thread on the appropriate OS forum, one of us will gladly help you there.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

thanks for all the help, should order all of the parts in the next couple of months.