Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

First gaming PC (Resolved).

Hardware

Best Answer ReactiveAdam , 04 May 2016 - 07:46 AM

got the parts in and in my PC. The work great and had no problems with it. Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Did not know u could upload pictures, I was trying to take them off the web. If u could explain how to upload that would make this a lot easier. I have to go to work will talk more after I get off.
Thank for all the help and hopefully this graphic card fits

Advertisements

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Never mind i figured it out hear is a side view of the pc

83-102-038-13.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Your list of parts in reply #43

Hear is the  link to the Pc i am buying. 

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16883230030

Processor :AMD FX-4300 3.8 GHz

Processor Main Features : 64 bit Quad-Core Processor

Cache Per Processor :4 MB L3 Cache

Memory :4 GB DDR3

Storage :1 TB SATA III 7200 RPM

Optical Drive :24x DVD+-R/+-RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE

Graphics :NVIDIA Geforce GT 720 1 GB

Ethernet :Gigabit Ethernet

Power :Supply 350W

Case :Corsair SPEC 01 Gaming Case

Operating System Windows 10 Home

Is that the model of case that you ordered as it does not look remotely like the one in your stock picture above - Carbide Series® SPEC-01 Red LED Mid-Tower Gaming Case

With the best will in the world we cannot possibly give you a definitive answer without knowing the exact brand and model name or number of the case so that we can look for a user manual, if one is not available you will need to contact Newegg and ask them the maximum size GPU that will fit.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
http://www.newegg.ca...N82E16811353041
This is the link to the case but I didn't build my own PC my parents surprised and got me the prebilt PC abs dreadnought on newegg. So the list of hardware is not my computer, sorry for the confusion.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

If the case concerned is the same as the one here then it will accommodate add on GPUs up to 420mm long, if your GPU is the one same as the one here then it is only 269 x 141 x 35.

the difference between my case and the one you have shown me is that my case don't have the opening between the HDD slots and the disk reader area.

Aye was a bit confusing  :P

Specs here state Support up to 400MM VGA card and PCI slots provide flexibility for multiple graphics cards solutions.

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Thanks for the help now that I know it fit I can get it on order. Only thing is I wish that the mental grate in front of the psi would come out. Secondly what dose it mean by PCI slots provide flexibility for multiple graphics cards solutions?

Edited by ReactiveAdam, 20 April 2016 - 10:56 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Please explain.

Attached Thumbnails

• grate.jpg

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
I ment above the HDD slots where the GPU gose length Wis.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

Cannot see what you mean so unable to comment.

Attached Thumbnails

• pci slots.jpg

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

what i am talking about is at the front of the Case and is Part of the HDD drive section in the middle that is full of holes. sorry but i still cant get pic to work because i cant figure out how to upload them to the websit, sorry for making this so difficult. 

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 20,025 posts

To upload any pics, as said they must be saved a jpeg;

Click on the More Reply Options tab then after typing in any response you have... click on Choose File...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on Attach This File...on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would. 

Attached Thumbnails

• internal measure.jpg

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Thank you hear is what i was taking about. 

83-102-038-14.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts

Gday.

Only thing is I wish that the mental grate in front of the psi would come out. 

No, you can't remove it. the 4 larger holes at each corner look like mounting holes for the front intake fan.   See images on Newegg.   Fan mounts, a b and c.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16811353042

Secondly what dose it mean by PCI slots provide flexibility for multiple graphics cards solutions?

Refers to the 7 metal slot covers at the back of the case.   You remove the ones opposite the PCI slot your using on the MB, so the PCI card ports stick out of the case, at the back. 

ReactiveAdam

ReactiveAdam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Thanks Iammykyl for explaining the PCI flexibility, anyway it should fit. If not i can always modify the case a bit or just get a larger one.

Thanks to everyone that has been helping, will let you know how it turns out when the Graphic card get hear in the upcoming weeks.

Edited by ReactiveAdam, 21 April 2016 - 07:40 AM.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,763 posts

:thumbsup:   :rockon:

Watching.