I can’t open my access file. Every time I tried, I got notification that the file is corrupted. What can I do in this situation?
Any advice on mdb file?
Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:50 AM
If you right click on the file and click on Properties then on the Previous versions tab you might get lucky and find that an earlier version of the file is available.
You can try this tool:
Sometimes it helps tho you might want to have it work on a copy of the database file rather than the original.
Then there are commercial mdb repair tools like:
I think the free download will tell you if the file can be recovered but won't actually do it.
Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:04 AM
The following steps outline a general method that you can use to try to repair a damaged database:
- Make a copy of the damaged database (.mdb) file so that you have a backup.
- Delete the .ldb file if it is present. You must close the corresponding .mdb file before you delete the .ldb file.
The .ldb file is used to determine which records are locked in a shared database and by whom. If a database is opened for shared use, the .ldb file is created with the same name as the corresponding database (.mdb). For example, if you open the Northwind.mdb sample database for shared use in the C:\Msoffice\Access folder, a file named Northwind.ldb is automatically created in the same folder. The .ldb file is automatically deleted after the last user has exited the database with these two exceptions -- when the last user does not have delete permissions to the folder containing the .mdb file or when the database is corrupted. The .ldb file contains a list of users who have the database open.
- Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
- If the database is open, close it.
- On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
- In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
- In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.
Posted 02 March 2016 - 05:43 AM
MDB Viewer Plus is a free viewer application for your PC. With the help of this freeware you'll simply open MS Access (.MDB) database files. Installation isn't required for this freeware. To run this freeware you need MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) on your PC.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users