Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Serial Dongle Help

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi folks

Okay so i bought a fruit/slot machine that has come with a time lapsed dongle (a new dongle lasts 1 year/365 days), unfortunatley my dongle has expired, but the dongle is just a 9 pin D plug serial dongle, and i believe if i can access this dongle i can probably change the value back to 365

Clearly when i plug this device into my PC nothing happens (as its not PnP)

what software should i use to access this dongle to see what files are on there so i have a chance of editing a file to give me some more days to my new fruit machine?

any help appreciated

GeekU Admin

• Administrator
  • 24,915 posts

Sorry, we do not help with requests of this  nature, breaking hardware or software restrictions.