Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acrobat Pro XI not re-installing

Adobe Acrobat Pro XI install

• Please log in to reply

Kip Williams

Kip Williams

• Pip
  • 1 posts

My version of Adobe Acrobat Pro XI had a configuration error today.  I tried to repair it to no avail.  I uninstalled and re-installed, but I get hung up where the software is trying to extract the downloaded files.  Any ideas?  Attached is the screen that it gets hung up on.

Attached Thumbnails

• Adobe Install Screen.PNG

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

See if downloading the full version works any better:

https://www.adobe.co...latform=Windows

I think normally they download a little program that then downloads the real program in the background.  Sometimes a firewall will block the program.

If that doesn't work try creating a new user, give the new user admin rights and then log on as the new user and try it again.