Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Configuration on Start Up

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

manderlin278

manderlin278

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Everytime I startup my computer and and try to log in, the system configuration window pops up asking for normal startup, diagnostic startup, and selective startup. I can log in if I just ignore it, but no matter what I select in that window, it goes back to selective startup and the window always pops up after I start it up later on. Please help me stop this from coming up every time!

Advertisements

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Are you shutting down your computer properly?

manderlin278

manderlin278

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Yes, I press start and then shut down. And the config pops up even when I just wake it up from sleep.

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Yes, I press start and then shut down. And the config pops up even when I just wake it up from sleep.

Let's check msconfig:

• Press the Windows key + R.
  • Type "msconfig" and hit enter.
  • Under the General tab, there should be a check in the box next to "Normal Startup".

manderlin278

manderlin278

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Let's check msconfig:

• Press the Windows key + R.
  • Type "msconfig" and hit enter.
  • Under the General tab, there should be a check in the box next to "Normal Startup".

Every time I check normal startup and then click apply or okay, it automatically goes back to selective startup. It says to restart after checking it, but then nothing changes after doing that.

Gman147

Gman147

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Every time I check normal startup and then click apply or okay, it automatically goes back to selective startup. It says to restart after checking it, but then nothing changes after doing that.

Under the Boot tab, is there a check next to "Make all boot settings permanent"?

manderlin278

manderlin278

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Under the Boot tab, is there a check next to "Make all boot settings permanent"?

Yes, but when I select that and look back to the startup selection, it still goes back to selective startup.

Edited by manderlin278, 29 January 2016 - 11:09 PM.