Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Accidentally deleted rundll32.exe

• Please log in to reply

cyberdoofus

cyberdoofus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi guys!

I accidently deleted my rundll32.exe file on Win 98 SE. (Someone said it was spyware!) Any idea what I should do next? Without rundll32.exe MANY things don't work :-( such as my whole Control Panel. Unfortunately I have NO access to floppy or CD boot disks.

Any geniuses out there?

Advertisements

Smokey

Smokey

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,423 posts
Welcome to GTG cyberdoufus <_<

You can download it here (must have WinZip or similar to extract):
http://p-nand-q.com/...ls/rundll32.zip

Extract to the folder it was deleted from, reboot, and see how it goes. :D

petedageek

petedageek

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
When you open Task Manager, you may see Rundll32.exe entry in the Processes tab. You may also encounter a rundll32.exe error at shutdown. Rundll32.exe is a valid system file which executes a function of a DLL. The actual command may be Rundll32.exe filename.dll, <function-name>, whereas Task Manager reports only the command name and not it's parameter.

Try going to bootdisk.com down load the 98 boot disk to your desktop you might be able to run it from there or just find the file and copy it back to your bootup file