Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Need Help with Firefox

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

I do not use Firefox so I am not sure of what to choose for someone who is very visually impaired.  (Windows accessibility is not desirable at this point)  When I choose settings, content, colors   I have too many choices.  Should I always choose system colors?  "Override the colors specifically  by the page with my selections above"?   Then the box that wants me to pick, never always, only with high contrast themes.   I would appreciate some pointers from anyone who uses Firefox extensively on what to choose.

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 523 posts

Hi Janis,

I cannot provide you with specific advice on this other than to recommend you visit the RNIB website, as they have a range of free applications and advice for the visually impaired, running through high contrast and colour media through to screen readers and other aids to using a computer.

The RNIB is UK based but there is good information available from them that is applicable worldwide.

Here's the link:

http://www.rnib.org....bility-software

RNIB stands for the Royal National Institute for the Blind  and is a nationally known charity well respected and with excellent

reputation.

Regards

paws