Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Watch movies from computer on tv

• Please log in to reply

John McBride

John McBride

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I can get the computer image on the tv with a HDMI cable.

Is there a way with windows 10 to have the image on the computer and the tv at the same time.

It seems I can only have one or the other.

What I want to do is to get a movie playing on the computer monitor and then turn on the tv and watch it.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,748 posts

:welcome:    John McBride,

It is normally pretty straightforward but problems can sometimes occur if the computer specs are not good enough.

A guide with pictures here if still no luck, let us know as much about your computer as you can + the model name and number of the TV.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

Hi, I can get the computer image on the tv with a HDMI cable.

Is there a way with windows 10 to have the image on the computer and the tv at the same time.

Is this a notebook computer? If so, there's usually a keyboard toggle that switches between the internal screen, the external screen, or both. For example Function Key + F5.

Google Chromecast could also do this wirelessly if the image or video is in a web browser (Chrome), but the results are not the best for video (jerky). https://www.google.c...n_us/chromecast

munozjaimeb

munozjaimeb

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Thanks for sharing a good discussion