Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't reset password - help!

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

willow130710

willow130710

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure if I've got this question in the right spot - I've got a Dell computer that I haven't used for a couple of months and have forgotten the password.
I've tried resetting but Live tell me that I haven't provided enough info to warrant a reset.
I'm desperate to get into this laptop as uni starts in a week and it's frustrating the [bleep] out of me.
Many thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Hi willow130710,

Unfortunately here at geekstogo we are unable to help with password related issues because we are unable to confirm that you are the original owner of the computer.

Please see the terms of service located here, I have also quoted the rule below.

3.Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers
Please take a moment to review this important information

• Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc.