Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Start menu and notifications don't open (Resolved)

- - - - -

Best Answer phillpower2 , 14 February 2016 - 04:41 AM

Hello ARK24, Download then run the All in One Repair  (free) from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first c... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

ARK24

ARK24

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

This happened seemingly randomly, overnight. I had left my laptop (in it's working state) to go sleep, and when I came back to it in the morning, there was no Internet connection (now fixed), I can't turn on Windows firewall, Windows restore points fail to load, and I'm unable to open the start menu and the notifications area on the lower right. I've tried everything listed in these articles:

http://www.urtech.ca...o-not-function/

http://www.urtech.ca...-in-10-minutes/

However, I'm still not able to open the start menu or the notifications menu.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts
✓  Best Answer

Hello ARK24,

Download then run the All in One Repair  (free) from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point (if possible) and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

ARK24

ARK24

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Thank you for your help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are welcome  :)

I take it that all is now well with the computer.