Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no sound with realtek HD Audio

Best Answer richocki , 09 March 2016 - 09:46 PM

I received the USB Audio Sound Adapter and it works. Plugged it in started the PC and it was installed. The sales pitch said no drivers needed but Iit did download and install driver(s). It works s... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Tried an old version of the Realtek driver and I get the same thing. I uninstalled the drive using Device Manager and rebooted
to let windows install something. I figured it would install something it would use. It installed a "Microsoft Trusted Audio Drivers" 6.1.7601.19091. The message that came up after the install finished said FAILED. It is listed in DM with the status message the same as the Realtek drivers have....
"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"
Like I said if I press F8 on boot up and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" I have sound and Device Manager > Sound shows I have an audio device.

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

Like I said if I press F8 on boot up and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" I have sound and Device Manager > Sound shows I have an audio device.

I'm trying to figure out this out, but right now I'm stumped. Ready to install a stand alone sound card in it :)

I have the same driver(Realtek ) on a Gateway laptop win 7 64Bit, gives me fits. If shut down the computer and turn it back on no audio from a cold boot, I have to restart it every time and then it has audio.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I have thought about a sound card but kind of leery after reading some post due to duck duck go search on my problem. The idea I get is that even

some well known audio companys are not bending to Microsoft's you will pay to have your drivers signed. Besides this Realtek thing I have has worked on this computer for 6 or so years. The only thing I can think of is the last MS update said you got away with it for long enough.

I use to have the Realtek speaker icon in the system tray. I have not seen it since my sound disapperaed, except when I boot using the "Disable driver signature enforcement" option after pressing F8 on boot. Even then it is not in the system tray but it shows up in the task manager. I will continue to search for a signed driver hoping there is one out there somewhere. I found an AC 97 codec that in the specifications said it was signed but it did not work. There has to be a solution and I am still looking for it!

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I thought I had it.....this site http://www.techspot....a-7-x64.127187/

sounded good. After following the directions for this fix I at least learned what drivers are not signed. They are drmk.sys and portcls.sys, both in the C:\Windows\system32\drivers folder. I ran the program suggested and both times it came back and said those 2 drivers are now signed I thought I solved the problem. After reboot the same message of unsigned driver awaited me. After checking the driver status it showed those two files as NOT signed.

Not sure why but there must be a reason.

Edited by richocki, 28 February 2016 - 09:20 PM.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Still working on this problem.... anyone!?!?!?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
I'm still with you have had family issues to attend

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Sorry zep516. Do what you have to do. Family is way more important.

Looking into theunsigned driver site you lead me to.

Edited by richocki, 29 February 2016 - 11:11 PM.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Check your private messages, I sent you a pm.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
5 Methods to Load Unsigned Drivers

Option 1... sound works as it should.

Option 2... I tried it but it came up with an error. Besides it is just a work around of option 1. I really do not like leaving the boot loader modified.

Option 3... I tried this but the 2 drivers that are not signed remain not signed. Besides I do not want to leave my PC in Test Mode. I was hoping this

would sign the drivers and allow me to get out of test mode but it did not work.

Option 4... I did not try this one because I am not sure what it is suppose to do other then put me in Test Mode.

Option 5...Do not see what it will accomplish other then put me in Test Mode and allow me to erase the Test Mode watermark.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,
Sorry for some delay.

I'm stumped here and sorry I could not provide better assistance. Would you consider purchasing a sound card and installing it.

Joe

Advertisements

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

A little weary on taking that step. Isn't there a jumper you have to set or something techinical along those lines? Plus what assurance do I have that

the drivers for the card are signed. The Realtek drivers had to have been signed for a least 6 years until they weren't. Funny thing, the last two days when I have booted using the "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" option the Realtek Audio Manager has shown up in the System Tray.

I guess I must make a decision on either live with it or go for a card.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
"Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

We can't run the computer in that mode, it's not an option and a major security breech.

The Realtek drivers had to have been signed for a least 6 years until they weren't

Yes. That's the mystery all right. I don't have an answer for that and thought it was a windows up date issue.

Isn't there a jumper you have to set or something techinical along those lines?

No. Not that I am aware of, but you may need to disable On-Board sound in BIOS. One thing I have seen is to stay away from creative sound cards.
I have already been goggling, sound cards for windows7 64Bit.

Is there an older version driver that could work
https://downloadcent.../download/22885
Or have we tried that ?

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I really do think it was the March 2nd Tuesday Windows update that did what ever was done. I uninstalled those drivers but either the

damage was done or they reinstalled sooner then I thought they would. I'm confused :headscratch: :prop: :upset: :smashcomp:

I am going to try that older version driver, I have nothing to lose. I did search Amazon for sound cards and came up with this

unique device... "Sabrent USB External Stero Sound Adapter for Windows. Plug n Play No drivers needed" for  6 dollars.

Sounds like it will work. Should get it Wednesday so I'll let you know how it works out. In the mean time I will try the older driver.

richocki

richocki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
✓  Best Answer

I received the USB Audio Sound Adapter and it works. Plugged it in started the PC and it was installed. The sales pitch said no drivers needed but Iit did download and install driver(s). It works so I am happy. Still going to keep looking for the Realtek fix though. I guess this can be marked somewhat solved.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,093 posts
Hello,

I'm curious of the name of the audio driver as listed in device manager now. Do you have it ?