Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help please

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

DennisO

DennisO

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I had Windows 8 and took the free upgrade to Windows 10. I have never cared for it and today I had some more problems with it. While in Settings (which is dangerous territory for me) I saw that I could "restore" to a previous setting. Before I knew it, I had removed Windows 10 and was "restored" to Windows 8. I am fine with that, but, I have also lost all my photos. Can I get the photos back  somehow?  Please help.

Thank you.

DennisO

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello,

It may worth the time to see if there's a Windows.old folder on the "C" drive and look to see what's in it.

DennisO

DennisO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello,

It may worth the time to see if there's a Windows.old folder on the "C" drive and look to see what's in it.

Thank you for the suggestion. I checked the C drive but couldn't find anything that helped. I may download the new and improved  Windows 10 and see if the pictures return.

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello,

A shot in the dark but I would consider trying recuva before you do anything else,

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

Joe

DennisO

DennisO

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ok, I will try it and see what happens. Thanks.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

After using Recuva, try installing Everything Search.

Let it run after install so it can build it's index. Usually take 20-30 seconds.

Next enter ext:jpg in the search bar. It will display all the jpg files on your computer. If you had photos in other formats, try them as well.

ext:bmp  ext:gif  ext:png  etc.