Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Broken OS/ unknown hardware component (video chrashes, etc)

broken os windows stream video random

• Please log in to reply

vegvisir

vegvisir

• Pip
  • 1 posts
First of all, im pretty tech savy and usualy fix all mine and friends computer problems (combo of experience and google used to be enough for everything). This has me out of my depth at the moment tho:

When playing a video from HDD (doesnt matter what player, tried BS, VLC) the sound dissapears after a time. Ive found out that at the same time streamed video on youtube or facebook loses crashes as well (both stop playing and give error message that something went wrong). 

Another symptom i found is that you cant pause/unpause video played from HDD anymore, it just doesnt start again. If you reopen the file all is good again for a random period.

Tried reinstalling drivers and eventually also did a system image restore to some time a year ago, but that installation was fine when the image was created (it lasted me a year obviously :) ).

Maybe, but hopefully not relevant info (hopefully because it would lead me to believe its hardware connected): Before i did system restore i installed Tomb Rider over Steam, tried to run it when i got a BSOD. After the reboot following i got multiple missing .dll errors after windows logon, as well as reports of crashing programs like DropBox. I was kidding around a bit, trying to figure it out, until i gave up few days later and restored image of state of clean install a year before.

Attached is a image of mentioned BSOD and my DxDiag for spec of the PC:

Any help or ideas of what to try MUCH appreciated. Thanks <3

Attached Thumbnails

• prenos.png

Attached Files

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,623 posts
  • MVP
Multiple Replies are easier so post a log as soon as you get it.

Download BlueScreenView

Double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.
When scanning is done, go Edit, Select All.

Go File, Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  Download, Save and Install it.  Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  (It will be near the top about 10 lines down.) Attach the file to your next post.  Uninstall Speccy.

Get Process Explorer

Save it to your desktop then run it (Vista or Win7 - right click and Run As Administrator).  

View, Select Column, check Verified Signer, OK
Options, Verify Image Signatures

Click twice on the CPU column header  to sort things by CPU usage with the big hitters at the top.  

Wait a full minute then:

File, Save As, Save.  Open the file Procexp.txt on your desktop and copy and paste the text to a reply.

Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) Then click on the arrow in front of Event Viewer. Next Click on the arrow in front of Windows Logs Right click on System and Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application.  (This just get rid of old events.)

Reboot. 

Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator.  Then type (with an Enter after each line).

sfc  /scannow

(This will check your critical system files. )

Copy the next two lines:

findstr  /c:"[SR]"  \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log  >  \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 
notepad \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt 

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter. Copy and paste the text from notepad or if it is too big, just attach the file.

Get MyEventViewer

Downloads are down toward the bottom of the page where it says:

Download MyEventViewer
Download MyEventViewer for x64

Pick the one that says for x64.

Download, Save and Right click and Extract All.  

Right click and Run As Admin.

Wait for it to finish collecting events.

Hit Ctrl + 3
Ctrl + 4
Ctrl + 5

This tells it to ignore everything but Errors & Warnings.

Now click on the top error then hit Ctrl + a.  This selects all of the events we care about.

Now File, Save Selected Items, (Point it at your desktop) name it: Events then Save.

Open and copy and paste the text from Events.txt on your desktop into a Reply.  Attach if too big.