Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Removed Apps - .html File

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi there,

I am helping a friend clean up her W10 and there is an HTML File located on the desktop that opens with MS Edge. When you click to open it, it says Apps removed while refreshing your PC. What is this and can I delete it?

Thank you,
Donna :)

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts

Apps removed while refreshing your PC. What is this and can I delete it?

Refresh will save your data but remove the softwares that you have installed yourself.

Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

Remember I have a Windows 10 machine here too

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

So.... no big deal if I delete it then, right?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
As far as I know it's just a list so we know what was removed and what might need or wanted to be reinstalled, so yes deleting it would not be an issue.

FYI
You do know you can right click on the start button on windows 10 there is some familiar things there in the window that opens. Might make navigation easier for control panel, programs an features etc

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• Topic Starter
  • GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts

Ok, and yeah. W8.1 is like that too. :)

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Yeah ok, I never got the memo about the start button an never saw windows 8 :)