Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to disable my laptop's touchpad? Asus U30jc (Resolved)

Best Answer phillpower2 , 20 February 2016 - 03:59 AM

Change your keyboard layout No worries about the time between replies or your grammar  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

frichieny

frichieny

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Hello, I am having a problem about the Elantech, I think its a sowftware of Asus that gives you smart touchpad, But because of that I cant use the Fn+F9  which is the Button for disabling the touchpad. I uninstalled it but I still cant use the function key.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

If the touch pad is not being disabled when you plug in a USB mouse see page 51 of the user manual here

As an asides frichieny, can I ask that you conclude your other thread here if assistance is no longer required there, thanks.

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I am going to reinstall it. the Elan.

Update 1: It works now, Tho I wish the problem won't occur back again. hihi

If I am going to ask you a question again about this laptop can I just ask it here?

Edited by frichieny, 17 February 2016 - 08:20 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know  :thumbsup:

Now that the computer is working as it should it is important that you create a new restore point for the present settings, your safety net for if it stops working again.

If I am going to ask you a question again about this laptop can I just ask it here?

You could do if it is a basic question but anything more in depth you should start a new thread as it would be going off topic.

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

OK. So this laptop was in japanese back then and its keys are in japanese. I've clean installed an english windows 7, because I am having a hard time settings things up. the problem is that, I thought that the keys will be still the same as before, Having the japanese keys. I do not want to lose that feature. I did try to change language in settings but I still can't use the keys on this laptop.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

Can I ask what you mean by you can`t use the keys as in, do they not do what you want them to do or do you not understand what key is meant to do what.

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Well the keys does not do what i want them to do T.T When I first got this laptop I can type Alphabet's and Different Japanese letters. But when I installed the english windows my keyboard turned english. I mean The Keyboard really turns a regular Keyboard It lost its previous function haha. For example in my keyboard Shift + 2 is this  the Qoutation mark but when I press it now it shows @ the At key. In this keyboard @ key is located Beside "P"

What I want to know is, Is it possible for me to get that feature back? Sorry for the late reply and bad grammars

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts
✓  Best Answer

Change your keyboard layout

No worries about the time between replies or your grammar  :thumbsup:

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Oh ummm I already did that before hehe but the Microsoft's japanese default keyboard is not the same as my keyboard's layout haha. I will just google some keyboard layout :) maybe i can find some hihi

Thank you again for helping me about the Touchpad and keyboard :) +Rep

SKB_KG3_BK_FM.png

This is my keyboard layout haha Ill try to find the file for it hehe

(OADG 109A) keyboard layout with Hiragana keys.

Edited by frichieny, 20 February 2016 - 10:11 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

You are most welcome and thank you for the follow up frichieny  :thumbsup:

Never had much to do with notebook keyboards other than removing and replacing them with the exact same one so did not realise how many variations are actually out there, good luck with your search and please let us know what you find, still learning myself and this will be something new to me  :)

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Hi again! So someone gave me this link https://txcom2003.wo...sh-to-japanese/

The Link is about Changing mykeyboard  layout from english to japanese. but it did not work for me any ideas?

Update 1: It worked now :) I just re did the steps and Voila! Hehe This might help you sir phil if someone ask about this agian :)

Edited by frichieny, 23 February 2016 - 05:08 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,766 posts

That is good news frichieny and thank you for sharing the fix that you found, someone will appreciate the information I`m quite sure  :thumbsup:

frichieny

frichieny

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

どういたしまして :))