Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with new computer

• Please log in to reply

Jackson___Sott

Jackson___Sott

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My graphics card always says 0% usage when playing any game, with all other parts working fine. At a loss of what to do, and need help! Using an AMD 4ghz 8 core processor, have 8 gigs of ram, using Windows 10, and a MSI Radeon R9 390 graphics card. Was also wondering if because I built my computer on the carpet (Wasn't aware til' later it was bad) that it damaged my gpu and that's the problem. Have also tried reinstalling drivers and such, with no luck whatsoever.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:   Jackson___Sott,

You are correct in that you should not have built the computer on the carpet but if the computer is in fact working then it would appear that no harm was done.

Can I ask what is reporting the 0% usage and what are the brand and model name or number details for the motherboard and which particular CPU you have.

Got to pop out for 30 or so minutes but will check back on my return. 

Jackson___Sott

Jackson___Sott

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Using MSI Afterburner for this, also getting low fps in game, which is the reason I'm asking. CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: MSI 970 GAMING ATX AM3+

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Using MSI Afterburner for this,

The ideal monitoring software for the card which is even more odd.

also getting low fps in game

Couple of additional questions if I may;

Is your video card the 8GB version.

Have you tried the video card in both of the PCI-E slots but gotten the same performance.

What are the brand and model name or number details for both the Ram and PSU.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not heard back from you Jackson___Sott,  do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.