Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win 8 About to throw pc out the window and set fire to it help plz

• Please log in to reply

Eddiecb

Eddiecb

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all and thank you for any assistance you can give me. right now im on my partners pc which is windows 8. and a pain in the backside

Right ill start at the start.

on Tuesday last the computer did the Tuesday patch update and then boom pc crashed and wouldn't start up. so being my partner he loaded it up and seen a blue screen with the option to fresh restore and he clicked it. So the computer did a refresh and lucky he had everything backed up. it loaded up fine and he started to transfer all his files back on and then the pc crashes and starts all over again i get the Lenovo screen for about 30 mins it boots up but crashes again.

i open he case to check for dust no dust i start in safe mode run maleware spybot etc, but when i run Avast it stops at 3% and sits for ages and then crashes.

At this point ive had enough of his pc so i did a full install of windows 8 and it works yay great so i run maleware again find some things and clean the somethings. run spybot and all is good but then i try avast and yup stops at 3 % i left it running while i went to bed last night and woke up to it at 3%.

Have just run Dr web cureit and it didnt find anything. he hasn't even loaded his files back onto the pc.

ive uninstalled avast and installed it again and its still stopping on 3% i did notice though when its running the cpu is running at 100%

so im at my wits end as i dont know if its a virus that made his pc go boom and if its going to happen again when he brings down his files as if it does im going to be using this computer as target practice for my new hammer i will purchase.

the Computer is about 2 years old

any help on this would be great

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP
Get the free version of Speccy:

http://www.filehippo...download_speccy (Look in the upper right for the Download
Latest Version button  - Do NOT press the large Start Download button on the upper left!)  Download, Save and Install it.  Run Speccy.  When it finishes (the little icon in the bottom left will stop moving), File, Save as Text File,  (to your desktop) note the name it gives. OK.  Open the file in notepad and delete the line that gives the serial number of your Operating System.  (It will be near the top about 10 lines down.) Attach the file to your next post.

1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:

* System
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
* Error
* Warning

Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:

1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.  (Each time you run VEW it overwrites the log so copy the first one to a Reply or rename it before running it a second time.)