Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Receiver to computer issue

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Ulthraun

Ulthraun

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So recently I got win 10. My receiver worked fine with win 7, and fine with win 10 until this. A slight movement of the cord (causing it to not be fully plugged in) has crashed my computer numerous times, but that isn't my biggest issue. I just recently got my receiver back after having one of the HDMI ports fixed. I set everything up, it was working fine, but when I went to plug another speaker in the computer turned off. I ignored it, plugged in my iPod, and continued working. After configuring my setup, I decided to turn my computer back on. I noticed it was taking a rather long time, but it did eventually boot. On the login screen now, I attempted to login with no response from the keyboard or mouse. I restarted the computer, nothing, put it in safe mode, nothing, turned the computer off , removed the on batt, put it back in to reset the bios, nothing. The mouse and keyboard are being recognized because I can use them before hand. Anything USB related in bios is enabled by default.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:    Ulthraun,

A slight movement of the cord (causing it to not be fully plugged in) has crashed my computer numerous times, but that isn't my biggest issue. 

This could be a sign that something is shorting out, if it is, it is a major issue as it could take out all of your hardware.

when I went to plug another speaker in the computer turned off.

Again a sign that something could be shorting out.

The mouse and keyboard are being recognized because I can use them before hand. Anything USB related in bios is enabled by default. 

Normally a sign of a driver issue, them not working in Safe Mode may suggest that Windows does not have any generic drivers for the devices.

We need some information about the computer, see my canned text below;

Please provide information about your computer, this includes is it a notebook or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP, if a brand name, provide the model name or series number (not serial) if a custom build post the brand and model name or number for the MB, the Ram (including the amount) add on video card if one is used and the PSU (power supply unit) providing these details will enable us to better assist you.