Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows task manager (Resolved).

cant get it to stop

Best Answer Pearlcatdesign , 17 March 2016 - 12:48 AM

Ah SH*T! I'm sorry I never came back to this thread after starting it. I got side tracked. I have it fixed. Thank you so much to everyone. BTW. I didn't know how to post a picture so thanks for tha... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

I have an XP and I've been stuck with windows task manager for 3 days. It won't stop. What do I do? Please make it simple or explain it like you're talking to a 5 year old. I'm computer lacking. Thanks.

Advertisements

PaulaReynolds

PaulaReynolds

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Can you provide some pictures on your problem?

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello Pearlcatdesign,

Are you saying that there is no X with which to shut task manager down?

I know very little about computers....... but I do still use XP and I know that if you double-click just inside the blue border at the left or right side of Task Manager, it gets rid of the X. You have to double click again on the greyish border to bring it back to normal.

It probably isn't what you wanted..... but I thought I would mention it just in case it helps. If not, I am sure somebody else will be able to help you out.

Chris.

MichaelMarks

MichaelMarks

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Can you provide picture please i don't really understand what's your problem.

Edited by MichaelMarks, 27 February 2016 - 07:53 PM.

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hello again Pearlcatdesign,

Hopefully you have been able to fix your problem by now. If not, it occurred to me that - as you said you do not know much about computers - you might not know how to post the screenshots that the other two posters above requested...... so I thought I would poke my nose in again and tell you how to do it!. The instructions below were compiled by me, but were based on instructions which I got from this forum when I received a lot of help here a couple of years ago.

Bye for now,

Chris.

TO CAPTURE A SCREENSHOT AND SAVE IT TO YOUR COMPUTER

Go to the screen you want to copy and click on the ‘PRINT SCREEN’ button on your keyboard (this is usually on the top row, near the end on the right). This will copy a picture of the screen onto your clipboard.

Go to ‘START’.... ‘ALL PROGRAMS’....’ACCESSORIES’.....’PAINT’.

Left -click anywhere within the white box.

Press the CTRL and V buttons simultaneously: this will post the screenshot into the white box.

Next, save the picture onto your computer by clicking ‘FILE’ and ‘SAVE AS’.

Choose where you want to save the file by selecting a location on the left of the ‘SAVE AS’ box.

Type in a name so you can easily identify the file in the future.

Open the drop-down menu under ‘SAVE AS TYPE’ and select  ‘JPEG (*.JPG;*.JPEG;*.JPE;*.JFIF)’. (NOTE: This step is especially important if you are posting online to a forum etc., as other formats will make the file too large.)

Finally, click SAVE to save the file to your chosen location.

Go to the location of the file and click on it. It will open in whichever program you use for photos etc. You can follow your usual procedure to crop the picture and cut out any bits not needed.

TO POST A SCREENSHOT ON GTG

Click ‘MORE REPLY OPTIONS’ at the end of the post

On the new screen that comes up, type in anything you want to say. Then click ‘BROWSE’ at the bottom left of the screen and navigate to the location of the screenshot you want to post (and which was previously saved onto your computer).

Click ‘OPEN’ followed by ‘ATTACH THIS FILE’. You can then publish your post in the usual way by clicking ‘ADD REPLY’.

Edited by Channeal, 28 February 2016 - 06:58 AM.

Pearlcatdesign

Pearlcatdesign

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
✓  Best Answer

Ah SH*T! I'm sorry I never came back to this thread after starting it. I got side tracked. I have it fixed. Thank you so much to everyone. BTW. I didn't know how to post a picture so thanks for that info Chris. Pearl

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts
No problem, Pearl. Life has an awful habit of getting in the way and making us forget things! Am glad you managed to fix the problem anyway.

I guessed you didn't know how to post a screenshot! It is a useful thing to know how to do - and not only for this forum. Some of the helpers here automatically include instructions on how to do it anyway.... but others just assume that you already know.

One thing I have learned from the help I have received here myself is to never be afraid to ask if you don't know something, however silly you might feel. Most of the people here are pretty patient and only too happy to help. :)

Have a great weekend,
Chris.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not sure what the issue was or how it was resolved but would like to thank other members for offering their help  :spoton:

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for letting us know that all is now well with your computer Pearlcatdesign :thumbsup:  

Channeal

Channeal

• PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Sorry, have been ill all week.....  

No need for you to thank us, Phill. Speaking for myself, it makes a nice change for me to actually be able to help - albeit in such a miniscule way - as often I do not fully understand the questions on here, let alone the answers! :)

With regard to the screenshot issue, I had a strong feeling that Pearl did not know how to do it and when she didn't come back and say so, I just had to poke my nose in! I myself have had such an incredible amount of help from this forum (from you and from others) and it troubled me that she might be reluctant to seek help here in the future because of not understanding what was required of her here.

Have a great weekend.
Chris.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No problem Chris, hope you are now fully recovered and likewise have a good weekend  :thumbsup: